Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Engineer
Who we are.
HQ Pack belongs to the worldwide top in the field of High-Tech packaging and tooling. We develop, clean, produce and manage the logistic flow of packaging for high-quality industrial products. Very fragile, valuable parts get the protection they need during transport all over the world.
What are you going to do within our organization?
HQ Pack is rapidly growing and that is why we are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Engineer to strengthen our team. In this role with a strong focus on being responsible for the awareness and creating the policy of safety regulations within the organization. You act as a sparring partner for managers and various departments on HSE level to facilitate (practical) solutions, training and improvement possibilities. You make sure that the quote ‘’safety first’’ will be followed within the organization.
Your duties as an HSE Engineer include:
- Guiding, training and coaching employees in the field of safety, health and the environment regulations
- Co-preparing/implementing the policy, procedures and developing systems with regard to HSE, taking into account applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensuring the raising of awareness in the field of HSE
- Co-managing and updating various HSE regulations and instructions
- Making proposals for improvement, being responsible for standards in order to achieve optimal HSE processes
- Acting as a sparring partner in the field of HSE, providing (un)solicited advice on operational issues
- Steering on audits, ensuring follow-up and steering on action points from the action plan following from the risk inventory(s)
- Initiating, stimulating (and supervising) improvement activities within your own team and within other departments
- Focus on safety first, HQ Pack Values, operational excellence, Lean and 5S
What we ask
To be successful in the role of HSE Engineer you have the following requirement:
- Higher educational (HBO+) working and thinking level, preferably Safety related
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Safety, Health & Environment experience within a technical (production) environment
- Knowledge of chemistry / chemical substances is an advantage
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Training and coaching experience
- Experience with Operational Excellence, Lean and 5S
Do you recognize yourself in the following characteristics?
- You are Proactive
- You are independent
- You are Decisive
- You are flexible
- You are cooperative
What we offer.
Working at HQ Pack means being part of a strongly growing worldwide operating organization. Despite its strong international character and over 800 colleagues in the Netherlands, the organization is characterized by its informal character and short communication lines.
Within our organization, you will get the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally. We attach great value to a collegial and pleasant working atmosphere.
Naturally, we will provide you with the resources you need to perform this job well. The salary is in accordance with the market and will be determined in negotiation, depending on knowledge and experience. We have our own employment conditions package and offer a collective pension.
What we do.
Our strength lies in the total solution. We do not only develop client-specific packaging materials, but take care of the entire process. HQ Pack's Service Centre ensures that, wherever in the world re-usable packaging is collected, cleaned and repaired to new condition. We do this for global players in the semiconductor-, electronics-, aerospace-, medical industries and machine building.
The activities of HQ Pack are categorized as follows:
- Cleanroom Solutions;
- Projects (development);
- Logistics Services.
Our group of companies employs over 1000 people spread over 7 locations. HQ Pack's head office is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. In addition, we have a branch office in Malaysia, Singapore and two branches in the USA. Within HQ Pack Group we also have a specialized company in the field of plastics machining (HQ Plastics), cleaning (HQ Precision Cleaning) and in the field of wood working (Seerden).
Do you want to apply?
Are you interested in this position and curious what it is like to work for an internationally operating organization where entrepreneurship is key? We look forward to receive your resume and additional motivation by using the Apply button.
For more information, please feel free to contact our recruitment department via email@example.com. Alex Heij +31 (0)6 27 27 75 91 is also directly available for questions by phone.
Important note: we would also like to invite you to apply in Dutch if that is your preference.