Cost- & Manufacturing Engineer
What will you do within our organization?
In the role of Cost & Manufacturing Engineer you independently provide calculations and work preparation, you ensure the most efficient production strategy and set up the production structure within the ERP system ISAH. You are the first point of contact for questions from the factory when making new prototypes. You plan the work, maintain the schedules for the prototypes and are the link between the design engineers and production. You process feedback in a correct way, often in consultation with the design engineer, so that the new product can be released for production. We strive for an open work culture in which everyone gets the opportunity to learn. By alternating formal contact moments with proactive coaching 'on the job', the possibility is created for team members to develop their (design) technical competencies.
Your tasks and responsibilities in this role are:
- Review the Technical Product Documentation (TPD) for manufacturability, among other things;
- Arrange articles (material and labor) in the ERP system;
- Determine the correct production process (method and sequence);
- Approach suppliers for initial purchase in case of outsourcing;
- Calculate the commercial cost price;
- Translate the TPD to the work floor by means of work preparation;
- Offer guidance during the production of articles;
- Process any feedback from the internal customer;
- File formation for product release (volume).
What are our requirements?
To be successful in de role of Cost & Manufacturing Engineer you have the following requirements:
- HBO work and thinking level;
- Good technical insight;
- Minimum of 1 year work experience as a planner within the manufacturing industry;
- Experience with 3D CAD or willing to learn it;
- Experience with ERP systems, we work with ISAH;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English.
What qualities do you need to have?
- You are a team player and can also work independently;
- You have a practical attitude and are result-driven;
- You are proactive and dare to come up with new ideas;
- You have good communication skills and can deal with unexpected situations.
- We also expect you to have a healthy dose of curiosity and a goal-oriented approach.
What do we do?
HQ Pack belongs to the worldwide top in the field of high-tech packaging and tooling. We develop, clean, produce and manage the logistic flow of packaging for high-quality industrial products. Very fragile, valuable parts get the protection they need during transport all over the world.
Our strength lies in the total solution. We do not only develop client-specific packaging materials, but take care of the entire process. HQ Pack's Service Centre ensures that, wherever in the world re-usable packaging is collected, cleaned and repaired to new condition. We do this for global players in the semiconductor-, electronics-, aerospace-, medical industries and machine building.
The activities of HQ Pack are categorized as follows:
- Cleanroom Solutions;
- Projects (development);
- Logistics Services.
Our group of companies employs over 500 people spread over 7 locations. HQ Pack's head office is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. In addition, we have a branch office in Malaysia, Singapore and two branches in the USA. Within HQ Pack Group we also have a specialized company in the field of plastics machining (HQ Plastics), cleaning (HQ Precision Cleaning) and in the field of wood working (Seerden).
What do we offer?
Working at HQ Pack means being part of a strongly growing worldwide operating organization. Despite its strong international character and over 400 colleagues in the Netherlands, the organization is characterized by its informal character and short communication lines.
Within our organization, you will get the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally. We attach great value to a collegial and pleasant working atmosphere.
The salary is in accordance with the market and will be determined in negotiation, depending on knowledge and experience. We have our own employment conditions package and offer a collective pension.
Do you want to apply?
Are you interested in this position and curious what it is like to work for an internationally operating organization where entrepreneurship is key? We look forward to receive your resume and additional motivation by using the Apply button.
For more information, please feel free to contact our recruitment department via email@example.com.
Anissa Bejaoui +31 (0)6 27 26 22 02 (present Tu, Wed, Thu) or Ellen van Moorsel +31 (0)6 11 83 54 11 are also directly available for questions by phone.
Important note: We would also like to invite you to apply in Dutch if that is your preference.